Tuesday 12 January 2021

Day 12: You may say I'm a dreamer

 

With the start of the County Championship fast approaching on the horizon there is still an element of doubt about how things will play out. I thought I would write about how I would love the season to unfold.

Today LV= was named the new sponsor of the County Championship; while they were sponsors as recently as 2015, it brings back memories that I will write about closer to things kicking off or during gaps in the schedule.

I guess the first thing that would need to happen is Covid-19 miraculously disappears and in its place at the start of April are clear spring days where the sun shines between 10 am and 7 pm while showers reserve themselves for the nighttime hours.

With it comes seriously competitive red-ball cricket. There is help for the bowler early, once the batsmen have their eye in the runs start to flow.

I have yet to visit the county headquarters are Taunton and Sophia Gardens; I would love to complete the set,

There is the Women’s County T20 Cup—packed days of T20 cricket, making some interesting journeys on public transport to get there in time for the first ball. The planning takes as long as the trip.

It will be good to see friendly faces. They will be there to cheer on friends and family, and it will make all the hard work worth it. Please let Nottinghamshire’s fixtures be at Welbeck. It is on the cusp of walking distance.

The action is now in full flow, and places for England and the regional teams are debated. Central Sparks and Lightning the two Midlands sides will now be on my radar. Or is there a trip further afield to Yorkshire or Lancashire?  

The Hundred for me will focus on the women’s competition which will feature domestic women’s cricket on terrestrial television for the first time. Even if the format doesn’t fit right to me, I will give my support to the players.

Where I want to be at the end of August is in Scotland. Trying to qualify for the T20 World cup will be hosts Scotland, Ireland, Netherlands, France, Germany, and Turkey.

Back in men’s cricket, Sussex makes a clean sweep and England have a successful international summer.

These are usually flights of fancy in normal times, this year who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment