Friday 27 September 2013

More About Me

If you are anything like me you like to know about the people that you read. There aren't any biographies of me nor would there be. I'm only starting out on this writing adventure and so far you have all impressed me. Keep up the good work. My other presences on the internet are https://www.facebook.com/thefamousstrauss and https://twitter.com/famousstrauss check them out.

I'm a 32 year old man. I was born in a building that has since been demolished which is a shame as where will they stick my blue plaque? While born in Mansfield I think of myself as a southerner having spent most of my formative years in Havant.

That is some sort of description I guess but it doesn't really get to the heart of who I am and what this blog is going to discuss. To my friends I'm that person who only ever talks about cricket, Sussex, trains, Norwich and books. These are going to be topics that I will talk about in the main as these are things I know at least a little about and am by no means an expert on.

Some of these I have already talked about in previous posts and seemed to be at least looked at so if you liked them then this is the place for you.

Cricket is one of my big passions and having played and spectated for many years it is something I do love a good natter about. I know it's not everyone's idea of fun and if it isn't don't let that put you off there is still plenty here for you. My allegiances are to Sussex and I will update you on their progress. I also play for Sherwood Colliery Cricket Club. They are Mansfield Woodhouse's premier cricket club so you may get some news on how they are getting on.

Trains are there or thereabouts, it is my favourite mode of transport and is an industry that I would love to work in. So if some of the UK's fine train companies are reading I'm your man. I will write about interesting journeys that I take on the train. Many of these will be in the county of Sussex.

Which brings me to Sussex a county I only lived in for a short time. It is place I have grown to admire even if my first glimpses of the place was Crawley. I hope to inform you of my adventures around here. But I don't  just want to tell you about my travels in a single county, you will hear about my other days out as well.

I love books, I love reading them, I love buying them and I love holding them so I want to share my love about them to you, you will have to keep reading the blog to find out more about this. 

So these are a few things that you will start to find out more about me in the near future I hope they have given you a sense of why you should stick around here and carry on supporting me with. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment